Cinco Saltos is a city in the province of Río Negro, Argentina, located on the eastern side of the valley of the Neuquén River, near the Pellegrini Lake, about 20 kilometres (12 mi) from northwest of Neuquén and 25 kilometres (16 mi) from Allen. It has 19,819 inhabitants as per the 2001 census [INDEC].
The name Cinco Saltos (literally “Five Waterfalls”) refers to the five level steps of the canal that starts upstream at the Ingeniero Ballester Dam and passes by the eastern limit of the city.
The town is also known as “City of Witches” due to its reports of witchcraft activity.
The first settlers came to this land in 1914. At first the layout of the town was made in the area north of the railroad, but in 1918 floods covered such lots and prevented further building. On September 16, 1925 formed the Village Development Committee. During the early years, the city did not have health care, safe medical mobile, just on 3 January 1960, it opened the local rural hospital, with the presence of the then Governor Edgardo Castello. The city’s growth was boosted by the creation of the plant production of caustic soda, chlorine and vinyl chloride monomer. This factory has improved the income of ordinary workers and professionals, facilitated the creation of the Industrial School No. 1 “Dr. Armando Novelli, Chemical orientation, but (as ratified several Council reports of Ecology and Environment – CODEMA River Journal Black 06.04.1921 – National Ecological Action Network) has caused pollution, although in 1992 the company filed for bankruptcy, and in 1995 closed its doors, causing a large depression in the city job, and emigration workers in the city. For 2004, the population began to increase due to the change in oil exploration and exploitation, using professionals in the city, and otherwise serving as a city of residence of the complex population Neuquén (Capital).
There is a place called Bajo Negro where witchcraft is done. Paranormal occurrences of UFO sightings have also been reported in parts surrounding the Pellegrini and The Arroyones Lake. In 2009, an intact corpse of an 8- to 12-year-old girl who had died in the 1930s was found in a cemetery ossuary.
The town’s original name was La Picasa, a horse hair Picaza baguala who roamed the area. Years later, at the opening of the railway station, it was named Cinco Saltos, referred to the falls of the canal that run near the same.
It had 17,739 inhabitants (INDEC, 2001), representing a decrease of 6.3% compared with 18,931 inhabitants (INDEC, 1991) the previous census. Cinco Saltos population has declined over the last two official censuses. For its population, Cinco Saltos held on 7th place in the province of Río Negro.
He has been interested in the paranormal since he was 11yrs old. He has had many experiences with both ghosts and UFO’s and it has just solidified his beliefs. He set up this site to catalogue as much information about the paranormal in one location.
He is the oldest of three and moved from the UK to the USA in 2001.